La Rucola was founded May 15, 2007 and is wholly owned by PT. Pandu Lestari Abadi Surabaya (Shareholders: Rudolfo Feurer (Chef Owner) and Pratiwi
Yustia SH Mkn)
La Rucola with a total seating capacity of 160 guests soon became an icon in the culinary world of Surabaya and East Java. The concept was successful from the beginning because La Rucola offers authentic Mediterranean Food at its best. The atmosphere is truly European with romantic and stylish settings.
Today La Rucola offers "honest food" at affordable prices to an average of 5,000 guest per month. The garden has recently been refurbished into a Natural Pavillon (Wintergarden). A classic Italian Marble Cocktail bar was added in Spring 2008. All rooms are airconditioned.
La Rucola stores the most complete wine collection in town with produces from Italy, France, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Australia and USA. There is a permanent stock of 700 wine bottles in our airconditioned wine cellar. Including the most complete array of Italian GRAPPA and other international Cocktails. Naturally, the authentic Italian Aperitivi, Aperol, Ramazotti, Cynar, Martinis are also sold at our beautiful and romantic restaurant.
The Special Menue CUCINA MEDITERRANEA AUTENTICA is being adjusted on daily basis. New wine arrivals are being offered on the weekly updated wine list.
Main elements of La Rucola's Home Made Menus:
- Home made antipasti accompanied with rare Pata Negra, Mozzarella Bufala, Scamorza, Recebo, Cecina, Truffle, Foie Gras, Bottarga (seasonal) Parma Ham, Speck, assorted Salami, great variety of European cheese Brigante, Fontina, Taleggio, Grana Padano, Pecorino, Camembert, Brie, Gruyere, Appenzeller, Cambozola etc.
- Fresh Chilled Tenderloins imported from Australia, Japan (Masterkobe) USA.
- Fresh Lobster, Crab, Prawns, Oysters (seasonal).
- Fresh Fish (Sea Bass, Barramundi, Merluzzo, Tuna, Snapper).
- Home Made pasta based on original Italian Recipe.
- Home Made desserts.
- Organically grown vegetables, most of them grown in Prigen area under strict control.
Freshness and taste is KEY. Every order is being served on "a la minute basis". Only the best will be chosen from the market. Taste enhancers such as Mono Sodium Glutamate, and tenderizers are strictly banned in our kitchen. The showcase kitchen is without comparison in Surabaya and has been approved by Dinas Kesehatan (Ministry of Health) East Java, Indonesia.